How the waitlist works:
- Complete the waitlist form below.
- Wait to be emailed by staff for when an opening becomes available.
How the application process works:
- Fill out the online application here.
- Schedule a visit, take a tour, and meet some of the current members.
- Depending on the fit, you may be invited for an interview.
- The house will use consensus-based decision making to decided on whether they’d like to invite you to live with them. Fair-housing rules are followed. Applicants may appeal in writing to the Board.
- Congratulations on your invitation to join.
- Go through the income qualification process.
- Sign your lease.
The BHC now requires that all new residents be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be offered a lease. Medical exemptions are allowed with proper documentation. We see this as part of our commitment to communal living and the ongoing health and safety of all residents.
We have several grant opportunities available for our residents. If you are interested in claiming any of these grants, let staff know after you have been accepted by a house, while you are going through the income qualification process.
- If you are moving in with dependents, we offer a Family Grant of $150 per month.
- If you are a person of color, we offer a one-time People of Color Move-In Grant of $150, available when you move in.
- If you are moving into Mango Manor and do not have a car, we have a No Car Grant of $50 per month. This grant is ONLY available for Mango Manor residents.