Director of Operations
Hours: Part time, estimated at 20 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Mostly remote, but there is some in-person work so you must live in the Boulder area
Start Date: August 1st, 2022
Context for this Position: The Boulder Housing Coalition (BHC) is the preeminent cooperative housing organization in Colorado, and has been spearheading the creation and development of affordable, community-focused housing in Boulder for more than 20 years. With Boulder’s new Cooperative Housing Ordinance, BHC now has many exciting opportunities to expand its programs and properties.
The Director of Operations works alongside the Development Director and Executive Director, board members, and residents, to ensure that the BHC’s programs run smoothly. The bulk of the Director of Operations’ responsibilities center around legal compliance with affordable housing rules and the associated income qualification of residents. We are a small staff and all of us are expected to help in and support one-another with various tasks as needed.
Qualifications: The Director of Operations should be welcoming, happy to answer questions, confident, able to enforce rules, and responsive. The ideal candidate will have excellent people-skills and communication, able to balance many moving parts at once, highly organized, and with a close attention to detail. Experience with administrative duties, the computer programs listed below, and legal compliance is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, Leasing, and Resident Operations
- Processing potential residents applications and leases in coordination with house membership stewards
- Processing proof of income qualifications in compliance with the city of Boulder, Fair Housing and other housing ordinances
- Posting openings on Facebook, Craigslist, Avail, and on BHC website
- Oversee/process annual member releasing, lease termination, in coordination with member stewards
- Update lease and additional lease materials annually in accordance with board decisions
- Writing Mutual Lease Terminations and serving 21 Day Notices
- Overseeing Quickbooks accounting and payment plans in coordination with house accountants
- Supporting residents in understanding BHC processes, any necessary trainings, and general customer service
- Annual reporting to city
- Maintain resident data on Google Drive and updating All Residents spreadsheet
- Works with the Director of Development to provide Fair Housing Law trainings to all houses
- Works with the Director of Development to provide Management Agreement presentations
- Maintain resident and applicant information
- Google Account Admin
- Website Admin
- Maintain up-to-date listservs
General and Other Duties
- Participate in weekly 3-hour working all-staff meetings
- Gather and chart annual turnover data
- Maintain updated turnover data on the Metrics page in the Member Portal of the website.
- Attend the organization’s monthly board and monthly committee meetings as needed
- Customer Service – Answer resident and prospective-resident questions
- Help create a welcoming atmosphere for residents, stewards, and staff
- Help create and maintain a welcoming and professional face to applicants, members, staff, and the public
- Treat everyone in a professional, respectful and friendly manner
- Work as part of a team of professionals supporting co-op residents and facilitating the success of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in ongoing personal/professional development opportunities to build our individual and organizations’ capacity for effective communication, anti-oppression, and restorative justice.
- Support the implementation of training programs for Resident Training, Social Justice Training and the Mediation training series.
Frequently Used Programs: WordPress, Docusign, Mailchimp, Zapier, Google Admin.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.